You’ve heard of ‘the luck of the Irish’, and superstitious beliefs like women proposing to men only on Leap Year (watch the movie). But how romantic is Dublin really? Here are some top romantic places to see and romantic things to do in Dublin!
1. Romantic Restaurants in Dublin
The only way to a person’s heart is through the stomach, isn’t it? Some of the most romantic dinner restaurants are located in the heart of Dublin.
- Escape into a French atmosphere at the chic and simple La Maison des Gourmets. Impress your other half with some French phrases, share a romantic, quiet meal, and indulge in excellent French wine. Bon appetit!
- Save up and splash out at the posh and sophisticated Chapter One restaurant. Go back to your own chapter one of your love story and share it over a fancy meal at one of the oldest, most reputable restaurants in Dublin.
- How about an Italian scene? Toscana in Dun Laoghaire is right on the sea front, with spectacular sea views and an even better cuisine. Who are more romantic: the French, the Irish, or the Italians?
2. Romantic Places in Dublin
If you want to do something different with your lover in Dublin, enjoy a garden visit, stay in a romantic hotel in Dublin, or chill with a movie, food and drink.
- The National Botanic Gardens are a lovely get-away from the hustle and bustle of Dublin city. Surrounded by flowers from all over the world and stunning greenhouses and gardens, this is one of the best free things to do in Dublin with some peaceful time together.
- The Clontarf Castle Hotel is not only for weddings and formal events. It offers luxury and antiquity, style and tranquility. A perfect weekend getaway.
- How much love does Dublin hold? Did you know that there are bone remnants and a small blood sample of the real St Valentine at the Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel on Whitefriar Street? The Shrine of St Valentine is the closest you will get to this saint. Engaged, newly weds and couples of all ages to to the Shrine in the hope of being bestowed with love, care, relationship look and…well, patience!
- MVP in Dublin is friendly, neighborhood pub where you and your fella/gal can soak up the chilled atmosphere, sip on a drink or two and comfortably chill and relax. They have some awesomely baked spuds too if you get hungry.
- Dare to climb Croke Park and watch Dublin’s skyline? The Etihad Skyline Dusk Tour gives you and your significant other the chance to fall in love with Dublin and its history again. Experience together panoramic views of the city and its glowing lights. Just don’t fall in love with Dublin more than you should, someone may get jealous.
3. Irish Love Messages
Since this isn’t actually a thing to do in Dublin, it is quite funny to get your other half a card. If you’re single, get one for your mum or something, and write the very last suggested message! A thoughtful message goes a long way, and we’ve put a lot of thought into the following:
- “I love you more than chipper chips!”
- “I bleedin love ye!”
- “You are some aul fella for an aul fella!”
- “Your smile is the reason I get out of bed every morning.”
- “C’mere and give’s a shift.”
- “Roses are red, violets are blue, blah blah, feed me.”